Linger Magazine has an open themed policy for both the monthly digital magazine and the annual print issue. Our goal is to never restrict the creativity of submissions that are luxuriously artistic in content and imagery.
NOTE TO PHOTOGRAPHERS
- All submissions must be UNPUBLISHED and EXCLUSIVE for Linger Magazine and include image credits and captions (click here for example). ANY SUBMISSION EMAILED UNDER A BCC, OR EMAILED TO ANOTHER PUBLICATION WITH OUR EMAIL CC’D OR BCC’D ARE DELETED AND NOT REVIEWED.
- Submit a contact sheet (PDF) of your editorial submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘EDITORIAL’ in the subject header to be reviewed by our editorial team. Even if you have had editorials featured in previous issues of Linger Magazine, you must submit each submission in this required fashion. ALL EMAILS SENT DIRECTLY TO LINGER STAFF AND/OR VIA OUR CONTACT FORM WITH IMAGES INDIVIDUALLY ATTACHED/LINKED OR INCLUDED IN THE EMAIL BODY ARE DELETED AND NOT REVIEWED.
- Approval of submission will be based on quality of work and cohesion of fashionable artistic value of editorial. If approved, you will receive an acceptance email with original photo submission instructions and date of feature publication.
- Deadline is 20th of every month at 10pm EST .
- Release is the 6th of the following month.
Tear Sheets Information:
- Once submission is published, tear sheets are available UPON REQUEST from submitter within 10 business days.
- In order to receive tear sheets, requestor must have a signed submission packet on file for the requested submission.
- We do not provide complimentary copies of the annual print issue – we only supply pdf tear sheets. You will need to purchase the print issue for your records.
NOTE TO PUBLIC RELATIONS FIRMS AND PUBLICISTS
Submit a pitch that includes the following within a zip file to email@example.com with ‘PR’ in the subject header to be reviewed for feature opportunity in an upcoming issue:
- Client/Founder bio with Headshot image
- Product images that are hi res and shot flat on white background (no lifestyle shots or on model shots)
- Product/brand samples provided to editorial team via mail
- Look Book with detailed product/brand information (size, pricing, ingredients, etc.)
- Client’s Social Media links
ALL EMAILS WITH INDIVIDUAL IMAGES ATTACHED OR INCLUDED IN THE EMAIL BODY ARE DELETED AND NOT REVIEWED.
NOTICE TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS
When you submit any contribution to Linger Magazine, you agree (in submitting your contribution) to grant Linger Magazine the right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, make available to the public, and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works, in any media now known or later developed.
You warrant that your contribution:
Is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available for the purposes specified above
Is not defamatory
Does not infringe any law
You agree to indemnify Linger Magazine against all legal fees, damages, and other expenses that may be incurred by Linger Magazine as a result of your breach of the above warranty, and waive any moral rights for your contribution, in the purposes of its submission to, and publication on, Linger Magazine and the purposes specified above.
These terms shall be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the United States.
As standard editorial practice, Linger Magazine reserves the right to select the image(s) and feature title of all submissions we deem as most appropriate for Linger’s brand. All photo submissions must be exclusive to Linger Magazine. No submission may be under consideration by another publisher, nor can it have been previously published.